We specialize in helping business owners, executives, and those nearing retirement to achieve and enjoy financial independence faster than anyone they know. That means they can choose where, how much, and if they want to work knowing their finances are taken care of.
Although officed in Colorado, Yellowstone Financial has clients from around the country.
David Gardner, CFP®, EA
- Certified Financial Planner
- Personal Finance Columnist for the Boulder Daily Camera
- Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners
- NAPFA-Registered Personal Financial Advisor
- Admitted to practice before the Internal Revenue Service
- B.A. Political Economy, University of California, Berkeley with High Honors and election to Phi Beta Kappa
- M.S. University of Colorado, Boulder
- CFP® Certificate Program, College of Financial Planning, Denver, CO
- Former President of the Alliance of Cambridge Advisors
- Past Board Member of Boulder Valley Rotary Club
- Past Treasurer of the High Peaks Elementary School PTO
- Past Trustee of Boulder Valley Rotary Foundation
- Eight-time (and counting) soccer coach for local youth
After several years of working with other financial planners, Dave opened his own comprehensive financial planning practice to help people realize their financial dreams.
Dave has been profiled in the Wall Street Journal online and quoted by Business Week and other financial publications. He is the personal finance columnist for the Daily Camera and other newspapers.
Dave lives in Boulder with his wife and three young boys, and is an avid trail runner, hiker, and skier.
Integrity and Educational Standards
With our membership in the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (‘NAPFA’), we are dedicated to the fee-only model of financial planning. This model means that we do not accept commissions or pay referral fees and are absolutely devoted to putting his clients’ interests first.
ACP and NAPFA have the highest ethical and educational standards in the industry, with every member required to sign a fiduciary oath and accrue 60 hours of continuing education, twice the level required by the CFP Board. In addition, the Internal Revenue Service requires an additional 72 hours of continuing education every three years to maintain Enrolled Agent status.
Would you benefit from having professional fee-only financial advisors on your side? Contact us to learn more about the financial strategies that will help you achieve your goals.
DISCLAIMER: This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a complete description of our investment services or performance. This website is in no way a solicitation or offer to sell securities or investment advisory services except, where applicable, in states where we are registered or where an exemption or exclusion from such registration exists. Information throughout this site, whether stock quotes, charts, articles, or any other statement or statements regarding market or other financial information, is obtained from sources which we, and our suppliers believe reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of this information. Nothing on this website should be interpreted to state or imply that past results are an indication of future performance. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RESULTS OBTAINED FROM ANY INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS OR ANY ‘LINKED’ WEBSITE.